|Meal Cost: $10||Feeds: 3-4||Prep Time: 30 min||Cook Time: 35 min|
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 can chick peas, drain and rinse
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Making the dressing: Place cashews in a bowl and add water to cover by a couple inches. Soak for 1 to 2 hours overnight, drain and rinse.
- Transfer the cashews to a high-speed blender and add the remaining dressing ingredients except the salt. Blend of high until the dressing is smooth. Add salt and other seasonings if desired and blend briefly to combine.
- Making the roasted chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chickpeas in a dishcloth and rub dry. Spread the chickpeas out on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and roll the chickpeas around with your hands to coat. Sprinkle on the garlic powder, salt, and cayenne and gently shake the pan until combined.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then gently roll the chickpeas around the baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Make the salad: Place the romaine and kale in an extra large bowl. Add all the dressing and toss until fully coated. Sprinkle on the roasted chickpeas and vegan parmesan cheese if desired. Garnish with ground black pepper.
Credit “The Oh She Glows Cookbook” by Angela Liddon