|Meal Cost: $10||Feeds: 3-4||Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 – 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package Trader Joe’s vegan seitan sausage, cubed
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Add onions & green bell pepper, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Break up tofu into small and medium chunks and add to frying pan
- Add garlic powder, sage, turmeric, cumin, paprika, nutritional yeast.
- Stir until tofu is yellowish in color. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomato, spinach, and cubed seitan pieces, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- Eat it all gone.
Credit “The Vegan Zombie – Cook & Survive!” by Chris Cooney and Jon Tedd