|Meal Cost: $10||Feeds: 4-6||Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
- 14 oz (400 g) extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup (40 g) nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbs canola oil
- 14 oz (400 g) vegan sausage
- Or 4-8 vegan ham slices
- 1 cup I 4 oz (100 g) vegan cheese shreds
- 4 English muffins
- With 3 in (8 cm) cup or drinking glass, cut through tofu, making a cylinder shape.
- Slice horizontally into thirds for 3 hockey puck shaped pieces of tofu. (Remaining tofu can be used for tofu scramble or other recipes.)
- In mixing bowl, combine nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Coat tofu discs (which should still be wet) thoroughly with seasoning mix.
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Form patties with sausage.
- Place sausage and seasoned tofu in the heated oil and cook 1-2 min until golden brown. Flip over and add vegan cheese to tofu and sausage. Cover and cook another 1-2 min.
- Toast English muffins.
- Place tofu on bottom half of English muffin.
- Place sausage on tofu and top with other muffin half.
- Eat it all gone.
Credit “The Vegan Zombie: Cook & Survive!”